Monday, April 18, 2011

A Bad Story Universally Acknowledged

Some big and exciting news which I just got today -- as some of you may know, earlier this year I entered not one but TWO stories in a Jane Austen short story contest. The contest, entitled "Bad Austen," was sponsored by Adams Media, and entrants were tasked with creating a short story that Jane Austen would NEVER have deigned to write. In other words, the more awful, the better.

I'm pleased to announce that both of my entries, Foolishness and Folly (the famous lost "kitten scene") and The Perilous Plot at Pemberley (in which Georgiana Darcy gets ScoobyDoo'd) were selected, which means they'll be included in the upcoming Bad Austen anthology, scheduled for release in November 2011! I'll be sure to keep you all posted and let you know when it's available.

Also, a huge congratulations to Stephanie Wardrop, whose entry "The Real Housewives of Batherly Hills" won the grand prize!

2 comments: